5 Face Mask Recipes For Perfect Skin
These natural, homemade facials will help you achieve your skin goals for this summer!
It is the summer for self-care this year, so its time to strive for toned, healthy skin!
These natural, homemade facials will help you achieve your skin goals for this summer! They are super easy and will help you improve your skin in a healthy way!
Storebought masks often have heaps of nasty chemicals in them that can damage your skin, that is why I encourage you to try and make these at home, (your skin will thank you later!)
TIP: To get the most out of your facemask, make sure that your skin is makeup free and clean before you apply!
Banana and Oat Face Mask – For Moisturisation
Surprised? That’s right! You can use bananas and oats as an all natural face mask that leaves your skin feeling moisturised and soft. Here’s how:
- Mash up a ripe, medium-sized banana into a smooth paste.
- Add half a cup of oats and mix until combined.
- Gently apply to your face and neck, leaving holes for your eyes, nostrils and mouth.
- Leave to sink in for 20-25 minutes
- Rinse off gently with water and apply a toning spray, such as the Essano Rosehip Mist Toner or the AKI’N Hydrating Mist Toner.
Strawberry, Almond and Greek Yoghurt Face Mask – For Exfoliation
This face mask isn’t just effective, it’s also super tasty! The acidity in the strawberries and the ground almonds will get rid of all of that dead skin, and the yoghurt adds an extra kick of hydration!
- Mash 3-4 large strawberries in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ground almonds to the strawberry mash
- Mix through yoghurt until fully combined and has a pasty texture.
- Rub gently into your skin using circular motions to exfoliate your skin.
- Relax and leave for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Egg, Lemon and Honey Face Mask – For Dry Skin
This mask can also be a source of relief from sunburn because it is highly hydrating for your skin. Don’t worry about the raw egg element either, it won’t make you sick if you don’t consume it.
- Whisk a whole raw egg in a bowl until fully combined.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey and mix.
- Apply with a clean makeup brush or cloth.
- Leave for 30 minutes then wash off gently with warm water.
Honey, Yoghurt, Egg, Oat and Tumeric Face Mask – For Spots
This facial will ease the irritation caused by spots or acne, it won’t cure them, but it will provide some comfort.
- Heat 2/3 cup of instant oats in a 1/2 cup of hot water for about five minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of turmeric, 2 tablespoons of yoghurt, 2 tablespoons of honey and one egg white until fully combined.
- Apply the warm facemask (WARNING: Test the mixture for heat levels before you apply as to reduce the risk of injury) and relax for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off gently with water and exfoliate skin with gentle brands such as the Essano Gentle Exfoliator or the Natio Renew Radiance Exfoliator.
Avocado and Honey Face Mask – For Inflammation and Hydration
This face mask not only smells divine, but it is also one of my favourites to use on my skin. Feel free to add ground coffee or raw cocoa powder to this recipe if you want exfoliation or extra hydration!
- Mash half an avocado in a bowl with a fork.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of cocoa powder and stir until combined.
- Apply to your skin for 10 minutes.
- Rinse well with warm water and use a cleanser such as the Sukin Facial Cleanser or the Essano Rosehip Moisturising Crème Cleanser.
If any of these face mask recipes worked for you, or you have a favourite recipe that you want to see included in the next article, please let us know in the comments below!